We believe that nothing honors Austin more than celebrating some of our city’s original settlers, and that’s why we’re especially excited to announce Phase One of our newest neighborhood section—Kieke Park. Named for the Kieke family that owned much of the original land where Easton Park now sits, Kieke Park will be located in the south area of Easton Park along the east side of Apogee Road.
 
You might notice that the logo for Kieke Park includes a fig—this is a tribute to the rows of fig trees that were planted on the original Kieke property. Lawrence and Trudy Kieke married in 1917, and built a small frame house on a piece of land that was a wedding gift from the groom’s father, Adolph Kieke. Descendants remember Trudy making delicious fig preserves from the figs. Look for more tributes to the Kieke family to be included throughout the section’s parks, signage and special touches.

Stay tuned for more information.

Builders

Sign up for exclusive updates

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.